Amaury Faivre Duo is composed of Amaury Faivre, singer, guitar and harmonica player, and Yves Staubitz who plays guitar as well. The founded an electric blues band after meeting in a jam in Geneva in 2009, and then the acoustic duo came in 2013.
They win the Swiss Blues Challenge 2017 and fly to represent Switzerland at the International Blues Challenge in January 2018 in Memphis where they were semi-finalists, and came back from the European Blues Challenge 2018 in Norway with a beautiful 4th place.
Following on a rich and promising season on beautiful stages, they released their first album "Crazy Old Man" which presents originals titles at the frontiers of blues, jazz and folk, with a pure and acoustic sound, warm and sincere, in a Keb’Mo or Eric Bibb spirit.
The duo manages to conciliate freedom of jazz and emotion of blues. A unique mastership of harmonica, a ten years old collusion and real improvisation talents give them the opportunity to offer an intense and upsetting act.
Grimentz, Switzerland (Vs)
Grimentz, Switzerland (Vs)
Buvette Orzival Burger
Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Ne)
Bienne, Switzerland (Be)
Cyber Blues Bar
Cusance, France (25)
La Source Bleue
Gimio, France (69)
Fête de la Musique
Release date : November 23rd 2018
Recorded and mixed at the Studio du Four, France
Mastering : Steve Corrao at Sage Audio, USA
Graphic Design and Illustration : Benjamin Staubitz
Amaury Faivre : vocals, harmonica, guitar
Yves Staubitz : guitar
Music : Amaury Faivre
Lyrics : Letty Girardet, Amaury Faivre
Some novelties for this beginning of autumn :
- 2 videos recorded during the radio show Paradiso on la Première, 2 tracks from the album, Crazy Old Man and Catch As Catch Can.
- outdoor shooting of On A Hill, to enjoy the last sunny days before winter.
- back to our participation to the 2018 Sierre Blues Festival with this shooting of You Just Can't Go Wrong.
- 2 podcasts, the radio whos Spéciale Blues on Radio MODUL on Sep 13, and the Radio Tonic Night Live PNZ, May 2.
- and at last, a new album is being composed and written, with a more roots bluesy sound, with a release planned this winter.
A record that is directly inspired by the influence of American folk music, whose authentic charm is revealed through the sobriety of the arrangement
Tempo - Jul 2019
The refined Crazy Old Man will not only delight blues fans, but also all the ones who know how to open up their ears. A tremendous success!
Léman bouge - Jan 2019
A rare mastery, an exceptionnal duo (...). An exciting and thriving music, a forceful mix
La Tête Dans Le Public - Nov 2017
A very cheerful and funny act in which the two guitar players multiply character traits and some beautiful effets de manche
Zicazic - Mar 2018