Glion, Switzerland (VD)
Buffet de la Gare
Lons-le-Saunier, France (39)
Place de la Liberté
Beringen, Switzerland (SH)
Swiss Blues Night
Odenas, France (69)
Fête du Paradis
Amaury Faivre is an acoustic blues artist, celebrating a 20 years of career on more than 800 stages, in a dozen of countries and 3 different continents.
Born in Besançon (France), he blows for the first time in his father’s harmonica at the age of 8. This funny instrument never left him, and he naturally started playing the music of the blues pioneers. This is how he manages to escape from the Spice Girls, listening to artists like Robert Johnson, Mississippi Fred McDowell or John Lee Hooker...
He makes a life-changing meeting with Denis Naegely, who raises a very young generation of talented musician. The learning of jazz and its complex harmony will make him a great improviser. He starts playing guitar and singing, and most of all playing chromatic harmonica which has been a key element to his musical personality ever since.
CRAZY OLD MAN
Release date : November 23rd 2018
Recorded and mixed at the Studio du Four, France
Mastering : Steve Corrao at Sage Audio, USA
Graphic Design and Illustration : Benjamin Staubitz
Amaury Faivre : vocals, harmonica, guitar
Yves Staubitz : guitar
Music : Amaury Faivre
Lyrics : Letty Girardet, Amaury Faivre
Some novelties for this beginning of autumn :
- 2 videos recorded during the radio show Paradiso on la Première, 2 tracks from the album, Crazy Old Man and Catch As Catch Can.
- outdoor shooting of On A Hill, to enjoy the last sunny days before winter.
- back to our participation to the 2018 Sierre Blues Festival with this shooting of You Just Can't Go Wrong.
- 2 podcasts, the radio whos Spéciale Blues on Radio MODUL on Sep 13, and the Radio Tonic Night Live PNZ, May 2.
- and at last, a new album is being composed and written, with a more roots bluesy sound, with a release planned this winter.
Les magazines spécialisés Blues Magazine, Tempo et Soulbag font des critiques du premier album Crazy Old Man de Amaury Faivre Duo.
Blues Magazine :
"It's very well played, and easy to listen to. They are impressive on stage and captivate very quickly their audience. (...) This is a duet to follow, and you have to go see them."
"The album is first and foremost a record that is directly inspired by the influence of American folk music, whose authentic charm is revealed through the sobriety of the arrangement"
"Amaury Faivre and his partner Yves Staubitz do their business of folk blues (...) it's a beautiful atmosphere that settles"